Friday, January 29, 2010

Low Key Celebration

I’m sitting here in my work cubicle at 6:45 on a Friday evening here at the end of the month, pulling on a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, listening to the Plasiticenes, perusing photo blogs and occasionally laughing at my boss’s conversation a few feet behind me.  Yeah, he had to work late, too - and he’s enjoying the beer, too.  I’m not even sad that I’ve missed the Floating Glass Balls at the Laurelthirst this evening, even though I was looking forward to hanging out with Andrew and the guys.  No, I’m actually quite pleased with everything right here and right now.  I’m enjoying the really fine feeling of knowing that at 375% of my monthly quota, I have already hit and surpassed my quarterly quota, and it’s only January.  I’m in bonus territory and everything I sell from here until the end of the quarter is worth twice as much to me as it would be worth if I were not over the quarterly number.  I’ve never been here before in any quarter, much less January.  It’s a superb way to start out the year, I tell ya.