Monday, January 25, 2010

Shooting and Learning

Scott and I went out to the East side of Willapa Bay, near South Bend, Washington this weekend to shoot and learn.  Well, I was the one doing most of the learning!  Scott was teaching.  Anyway, I shot a lot of pictures, and I learned a whole lot more.  Much of the learning happened as I reviewed what I shot after we got back home.  It was good to be able see what settings I used for each shot. It really drove home exposure and focusing concepts to be able to review that way after some trial and error out in the field.  Nothing like learning by doing! 

I'm looking forward to the next time I can get out and play.  In the meantime, here are some of my shots from the trip, including some on the way back in the Columbia sloughs at sunset, and on the Columbia after sunset.