Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lunch Surprises

Today I went home for lunch, so I could eat cheaply and surprise my dog with a mid-day walk down to the little park near our house.  I got a few surprises of my own when I when I walked into my kitchen to make a burrito.  I found one of the stove burners on underneath a pot which had obviously been used to make poached eggs. 

Now, not only did I not leave any burners on, I did not even make eggs this morning.  I distinctly remember enjoying a toasted bagel and some yogurt with my kids.  So it looks like my ex decided to come in and have breakfast on the house before attempting to burn it down. 

I turned the burner off and cleaned up the mess before getting out the ingredients for a quick bean burrito.  I’m talking microwave-quick, so I could hurry up and get out with Molly and maybe have time to play with my camera, too, during my one hour lunch break. 

Well, that was the plan, anyway.  When I opened the microwave to put my burrito in, I found a bowl of…well, a bowl of something.  I recognized penne noodles,  along with chicken and some other unidentifiable things in it – I’m not sure what you call it.  Just another lunch break surprise left for me by my ex, sitting there looking congealed and smelling disgusting.  It was there for me to clean up, obviously, so I did - gagging and cursing a bit under my breath. 

Finally I made, heated and ate my burrito, then took off out the door with Molly and my camera.  I knew I didn’t have as much time at this point, but I went for it anyway, since it was a warm and dry day and I often stay late and come in early to get things done at work.  Molly and I had a fairly nice time, which in this beautiful Spring-like weather, was no surprise.

Here are a few pictures:

IMG_0989-1
IMG_1014-1
IMG_1024-1
IMG_1030-1
IMG_1038-1
IMG_1042-1

No comments:

Post a Comment