Monday, December 14, 2009

Inspiration

I'm inspired by so much in the past few days:

A quiet drive alone though the coast range with a bright blue Winter sky on the verge of change. 

A voice of astonishing clarity and honesty, singing poignant songs about love and kindness in a small room filled with open hearts and grateful ears. 

A lunchtime meal in an obscure cafe whose flavors exploded delightfully in my mouth, while a busy chef smiled from across the room a few feet away.

A collaboration between artists who stretched themselves, and gave us a fun peek into their lives and friendship.

Evocative photographs from electronic blogs as well as physical gallery walls, which have stirred my emotions and make me want to get out and shoot again with new equipment and fresh eyes.

A simple invitation to sing in a performance setting.

Any of these could be the basis of an entry here.  These are sights, sounds and actions which have moved me to consider what I want to share with the world and how I want to share it.  It's been a long time since I've made linoleum prints.  I like doing that.  Maybe I'll make one for my Christmas cards this year.  And maybe I'll finally invest in that new DSLR and learn what I need to learn to be able to make the pictures I want to make.  Maybe I'll actually say yes to that offer to perform, too.  I so love singing.  Or maybe I'll just find time to do one thing with more commitment than I've made to it before.

I'm overwhelmed by it all as much as inspired.  So much to explore and express, with so little time.  At least I'm writing something down in this moment before the impending rush of the work-week.  Something I can come back to when I have the time and need a spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment