Saturday, December 5, 2009

Capturing

So many times I've started a journal with the best intentions of writing regularly "from here on out." So many times, I've stopped within days. I tend to have an overachieving internal editor, so I can tend to spend more time backspacing and deleting than writing. Still, I long to capture thoughts and feelings in a place where I can refer back and potentially see a progression of thought or evidence of some emotional growth. Sometimes I just want to document. I want to testify to the beauty of a glorious sunrise, or tell the universe how clever and beautiful my children are, or how challenging it is to raise them up. I want to capture ideas, share pithy quotes and explore my dreams. I want to write letters I may never send, in order to free my mind and cut the chatter. I want to develop my voice. I'm trying again here.

No comments:

Post a Comment