Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dream for my mother







I'd been here many times, but this day, with it's silvery light and sparkly October warmth was special.  Mom was here on a visit from Louisiana, and we spent the last days of her visit on the Oregon coast.  I'll never forget her reaction to this magical place.  She fell in love.  I think she might have been a lighthouse keeper in a former life, she was so drawn to the ocean.  "I could stay here forever, " she said. 

Sometimes I imagine a special lighthouse just for her.  One full of good books, warm fuzzy socks, French roast coffee, and a solid, comfy old rocking chair facing the view.  She'd be passin' a good time, no?   

1 comment:

gailmarie said...

Absolutely beautiful Andrea. You have really touched my heart. It expresses so well, how I felt about the ocean there. Love you much, Mom

Post a Comment