Monday, January 31, 2011

Revisting Eagle Creek

I've hiked Eagle Creek trail to Tunnel Falls at least a dozen times.  It's an easily accessible hike on the Oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge and I've had many opportunities to photograph the verdant landscapes and dramatic falls along the path.  This past Sunday, I revisited Eagle Creek with a group from Portland Hiking Meetup and it was my favorite trip yet, especially for photography.  Firstly, I had my DSLR with me on this hike for the first time, so I had a better chance to get good shots, but also, the sights were stunning this time around due to the weather conditions.  Hiking Eagle Creek in Winter means the falls are flowing fully and the creek is swollen and fast.  I've hiked this in Winter before, but on those occasions it was also raining, so photographing was difficult.  No rain fell on us Sunday.  We had perfect Winter conditions for an enjoyable hike and lots of opportunities for photographs!  Here are my favorite shots from the day.  As always, you can double click on the picture to see it full-frame.




















2 comments:

gailmarie said...

As usual, beautiful, Andrea. Glad you had a nice hike too. Love you! Mom

Seraffyn said...

Thanks Mom. I'm lucky to live in a place where I can do things like this regularly. And, I'm so glad you enjoy seeing them and I appreciate your feed back, both here and on Facebook. It makes me keep posting! :) Love you!

Post a Comment