Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Saints vs. Seahawks Wild Card Game

Despite the Saints losing to the Seahawks, 41 - 37, I sure did enjoy traveling to Qwest Field in Seattle with my friend, Shellie, to see them play today.  It was a beautiful day for a football game, and the energy in the stadium was exciting! What a treat to see my favorite team out there on the field in front of me!  I walked down to the barrier, and was so close, Reggie Bush would have heard me if I'd called out his name.  There were a surprising amount of other "Who Dats" at the game, too, and it was a kick to call out to each other in the mass of blue and green. 

It was a disappointing loss, yes, but I had a good time, and can't help but smile for the Seahawks and their fans, because you know it must feel sweet for them to achieve that kind of upset in post-season.  Congratulations to the Seahawks! 

And a great big THANKS to the Saints for another wonderful, winning season!!

Some pics from the day:


Drew Brees, warming up.

Saints warming up and stretching.


Shellie and I were so excited to be there!


Just after the "Who Dat" chant. 

Loved when these flew over after the National Anthem!

Early Huddle - before the crowd became deafening.

This pass was part of an early drive by the Saints for a touchdown.

This one, too!

Unexpected Beautiful Day/Eve!


Love the action in this shot!

At this point, they likely couldn't hear Drew over the din from the stands.  Seahawks have LOUD fans!

Despite my disappointment as the Saints fell to the Seahawks, I still found something to lift my spirits!


Untill next year...



No comments:

Post a Comment