Sunday, April 4, 2010

Leisurely Easter Sunday Afternoon

After going to a neighborhood egg hunt/potluck, I considered heading out to see Lars and the girls, since that has been such an Easter tradition for our families in the past, but even as I ran the idea by the kids I was thinking about how nice it would be to just go home and hang out.  To read.  To daydream.  To do nothing if that's what I felt like.  To have nothing pressing, except a pile of laundry that could ultimately wait.  Imagine my happy surprise when all three kids said, "Actually, we just want to go home." 

Home.  That has a nice ring to it.  Sure, we still have a few boxes in the carport to be unpacked someday (soon, I hope) and I'm still not finished hanging shelves and art, but yes, this is our home of the moment, and being here together, relaxed  after a full day, just feels good.

Stella and I watched a Jane Austin movie I borrowed from my friend, Gina.  Persuasion is my favorite Jane Austin novel and this BBC version is my favorite Jane Austin movie.  It was deliciously good to see it again.  Sooo romantic and great acting.  Stella liked it, too!  And now, I'm thinking we need to have us a little Jane Austin movie weekend, soon!

After the movie, I read for awhile on the sofa, drifting off every now and then into a luxurious afternoon cat nap.  Felt so decadent!  Just a nice - and rare -  thing to be able to do.  If my leisure hadn't been punctuated by the occasional bickering between Annie and Evan, who were playing games on the computer, it would have been perfectly devine.

I got a text today from the daughter of a guy I dated last Summer.  It was nice to hear from her, and pretty surreal, too, since I was thinking quite a lot about her yesterday.  She's a slightly quirky, very fun, sometimes quiet, yet quite outgoing girl, and I really like her.  I was wondering how she was doing, and if she was happy.  Kind of surprised me that she had been thinking about me, too.  I'm going to have her over for dinner this week, I think.  Just need to figure out the right day when I get to my calendar tomorrow.  The kids will be so excited, since they liked her a lot, too.

I'll think about that more tomorrow, though.  Right now I'm enjoying the quiet and lack of immediate obligation.  I stopped to post this as I'm finishing up some of that laundry that still needed folding, and I'm happy to report that all the kids are asleep.  There was a bit of a battle with Evan and Annie, but I still can't believe nobody but me is awake right now at only 9:25 in the evening.  That's progress I hope to build on.

Now...off to finish up this pile of clothes so I can read myself to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment