Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Getting focused - I'm ready to do this!

I'm very excited about my upcoming trip to New Orleans with Shellie at the end of May.  We are just going to have so much fun!  The idea of wearing sundresses and traipsing around the French Quarter has me suddenly very motivated to lose some of the extra weight, so today I set a goal to lose 14 lbs by the time we leave.  That's about 2 lbs a week - very do-able.  And I know what works, so here's the plan for me!  Copied from my FitDay journal:

Here I am again! Trying to lose weight. Feeling really serious right now, too. I think I will be able to repeat what I did back in 2005. I know I can - just have to stay patient and stick to it. I'm at 181 right now. I would like to ultimately get down to about 140lbs, but more immediately, I'd like to lose 15 lbs by May 26 - which is in time for my trip to New Orleans with Shellie. I want to wear cute clothes!!
I'm proud of myself this morning. I have decided to give up coffee, because it isn't really good for me, especially since I take it with cream and sugar, and it's not only affecting my weight to do that, but it's really messing up my skin! I know I'm getting older, but I'm convinced that yet again, the coffee and sugar are causing me the most problems. Even though I wanted coffee several times and almost poured myself a cup at least 3 times, I stuck with my Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Tea & Herb blend, which I don't have to add sugar to!

Here are some of my other goals:


1. Cutting out extra sugar. No candy. No sugar-laden drinks. No cake or other sweets for awhile. Maybe later, but for two weeks, I'm cutting it out.


2. No eating after 7:30.


3. Go to bed no later than 11:00.


4. yoga at least 5 nights a week!


5. Will get back to commuting by bike.  Trying to hit at least 3 work days a week.


6. Whole grains. Except for pasta, nothing but.


7. 3-5 serviings of vegetables a day.


8. Proper amount of healthy, lean protein.


9. Stay between 1250 and 1500 calories a day.


10.  Have fun and be active on the weekends!


That's all for now - I have the nutritional details else where. I've done this before and lost 55 lbs in 4 months and felt fantastic. I can do this again!  I just don't have as far to go, thank goodness.