Friday, July 30, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Finally, this morning, I have pumped up my tires, dusted off my seat and handles and gotten back on my bike.  I even actually rode it into work.  I feel fantastic.

I don’t know why I’ve not ridden for most of the Summer, but I do know that I missed it.  I will have to work harder at it for awhile because I’ve lost my fitness momentum, but I am looking forward to those endorphins that I really need in my life for balance and mental health – never mind keeping weight off.

I’m looking forward to the way that riding again will help me continue to overcome the feelings of being overwhelmed that I’ve had in recent months.  I’m working to prioritize and simplify my life as best I can, and exercise is the missing piece that’s most critical to me at this juncture.  Playing softball once a week just doesn’t cut it!  

Here’s to climbing back on that “horse!”

2 comments:

gailmarie said...

Hi Andrea! Glad to hear from you! Miss you too. By the way, don't know if you are receivig any of my replys to the photos you are sending on Picasa, but just in case, thanks for sending them and they are just great. I absolutely love Annie's new hairdo, so flattering. Not many people can where their hair like that. Stella would look good with it too, but I am sure they don't want matching haircuts,lol. Enjoy your bike riding again and be safe, okay. Love you much, Mom

Seraffyn said...

Hi Mom! I haven't seen the replies, no. You could just comment on the photos themselves. I do look there. I'm not sure where or how you are replying, because I don't see anything.

Annie's haircut is really cute. Stella doesn't want anything she can't easily tie back for sports. hehe.

Biking felt so good this morning. We'll see how I feel this afternoon going home - much hotter then.

By the way, I'm curious to know how you are enjoying your Kindle. Do you like it??

Love you1

Post a Comment