Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Out of Hiding

In an effort to protect my privacy from someone whose intentions toward me are questionable at best, I recently took steps to make my blog much harder to find. I changed the blog URL and removed the link to it from my Blogger profile. I had another blogger remove links from his blog to mine. I even quit blogging for awhile, to stretch out the time she would be unable to search for and actually find it.  I had hoped, for her sake and my own, that she'd finally give up on following my life so closely and move on with her own. Unfortunately, I only temporarily prevented the problem. As of yesterday, my most frequent visitor ever, who I've never met or had any communication with, who has logged onto my blog regularly - indeed sometimes multiple times daily - for months on end, has now found my blog again.  She kept searching till she found it - over a month after I tried to hide it.  I apparently went through the trouble for nothing, because this woman is persistent. 

For many good reasons I won't go into here, I don't feel she will stop nosing about any time soon, so I will no longer try to hide from her. I'll just be smarter about what I post and not thoughtlessly forecast my whereabouts like I regrettably did before.  I have re-established the link to my blog on my Blogger profile and will be writing and posting pictures again.  I'm looking forward to reconnecting with the interesting, well-meaning photographers and writers I met through Blogger before.  I’m tired of stifling myself because this woman is so consumed with knowing what I'm doing.  If she wants to make me the focus of her energies, so be it.  I'll simply continue to take note of things that concern me, keep good records and stay on my guard.  That's the most effective thing I can do anyway, according to both the lawyer and the police officer I've spoken to about this problem.

So - that said, I’m ready to write again and it feels good! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Andrea, I am so sorry that you're having to deal with something like this. *hugs*

Kevin Milbert said...

Good for you, Andrea!! I'm glad you're blogging again. Hopefully, "she" will put her energies towards something productive and fun and stop wallowing in her misery that she sadly creates. Life is about what we choose to make of it and it's time for her to move on!

connorcobrien@gmail.com said...

This sounds like something that should be addressed by a Psychologist.

Seraffyn said...

Thank you, friends. It means a lot that you are willing to support me in this way. Really. :)

I plan on posting some the pics from our trip to NOLA Shellie - even though I've posted them on FB and Picasa, I want to put my personal favorites here, and document that wonderful time as well. I still miss it!

Connor - when are you going to blog some more? You are a wonderful writer!

Kevin - wise and compassionate words. Thank you. You really are Yoda! ;o)

Lars - Thank you, my generous old friend. Start a blog! (in all your spare time now that you're overflowing with new clients!)

gailmarie said...

Hi Andrea, I really enjoyed seeing your photos with the comments attached! So glad you had such a nice time back home to Louisiana. Mama loved New Orleans. She and I used to go out to eat at a place called the Harvest Moon. It was a kind of "Cheers" type place and she would always get the turtle soup and Chicken Bordelon. She once got me to taste the turtle soup, but one taste was enough, lol. Yuck! She and I used to ride bikes in City Park and when I was little, Daddy and Mama would take us there to play on the swings and ride the paddle boats. June and I loved that. New Orleans has a lot of fun memories for me as a child and as a teenager, living there with Mama. I took Josh and Mark there when they were about ten and they played on the same swings that I played on. They were still there, can you imagine?! Noting changed about them. Even the lions at the pavillion weren't any worse for the wear. Riding the street cars and visiting the marina were always fun for me. Riding the ferries for fun was nice too. Anyway, seeing these photos makes me think about planning a trip there myself in the spring time when it is cooler. Just need to save up and find a friend to go with me. Love you much and will pray concerning this woman who is bothering you so much. She obviously needs help, so I will pray against what she is doing and for you and her also. Miss you much, Andrea. Love, Mom

Seraffyn said...

Hi Mom - Not sure why you posted this comment here, instead of on the New Orleans post, but I'm really glad you enjoyed the photos and photo captions. I had turtle soup on my last day in New Orleans and loved it. I'm surprised you didn't like it - was it mostly the idea of it?

I remember that you took Mark and Joshua there. I rememeber the pictures. I have no significant memories of New Orleans from my childhood, because we really didn't spend any time there, so this is my first experience. Still, I feel like I've known it all my life. I just loved it there. I loved the people and the sights and sounds. The "feel" of the place. It was so much fun! I want to go back to visit again and again!

Seraffyn said...

OH, and Mom - I posted another picture on the New Orleans post. Caffe Au Lait and Beignets from Cafe du Monde! Yummy!

Post a Comment