Monday, May 17, 2010

Goodbye

Within a week and a half of traveling to Louisiana for a vacation and chance to visit my Granny one more time, I got the phone call this morning that I've been dreading.  My brother called me this morning to tell me that our Granny died this morning.  I knew before I pressed the button to answer what he was going to say, but it still felt like a sucker punch to hear it.  I've got a lot of jumbled feelings right now.  I'm glad she isn't suffering anymore, but I'm sad that I couldn't see her one more time.  I also feel guilty that I've not called her enough over the last few months and I've lived so far away at a time when I might have been able to help keep her company in her very old age and through the trials of Alzheimer's disease. I feel...very, very blue.  And a little empty.  She was such a sweet lady.  I wish I could have held her hand and listened to her stories one more time.

2 comments:

Choose Life said...

Dear Seraffyn,
I'm so very sorry to hear that your Granny is gone before you had a chance to say good bye. It makes me sad. Life here is so short, it is a blink. We need to take each moment and do the very best we can with it. Seraffyn this is very true of you. Your Granny is very proud of your choice to live. That might sound strange your choice to live? But I've watched you and clearly this is a decision that you have made "I'm going to live!!!" So many people, really too many are living to die. Keep up the good work, you are a beautiful spirit! Granny is smiling a smile that only a proud loving Grandmother could smile! She's now in your cheerleading section shaking those pom pom's cheering you on to finish the great race with GRACE! Carry on!
Healing Fairy

Seraffyn said...

Dear "Healing Fairy" - Thank you again for your genrous spirit and comforting words. You're a true blessing in my life.

Post a Comment