Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Good things come in threes!

Well, this is the third morning in a row I’ve ridden my bike into work in this first real effort I’ve made toward improving my health and fitness this year.  It feels fantastic!  I could drink 3 cups of coffee when I arrive at work, and never feel as pumped up as I do after my 30 minute ride in.  Today I was rewarded with yet another gorgeous sunrise as I rode Scholl’s Ferry over I-217 on the final stretch to the office.  I felt so alive and well. 

In addition to just feeling better as I start and end my work day, I have found I’ve lost three pounds, too.  Considering I’ve put on about 12 in the past three months, this is a nice turn in the other direction!  Plus, I know if I keep it up, this bike ride will get quicker. Heh. 

I’m pretty slow up the hills right now, but I plug away.  I can’t help but laugh at what passersby might be thinking when they see me trudging up hill on my racer.  Right now this bike is far more elegant and quick than I am, but my goal is to look like I belong on this bike by the end of this third year of owning it! 

klein_aurax_sm_2004
(This is not my bike, but is the same year and model that I own.)